stainless steel and brass
Amplified hygiene becomes an important factor when designing for the future. In d line we use the highest quality stainless steel because of its unparalleled performance in maintenance and hygiene. To sustain the unique d line finish whilst maintaining high levels of hygiene, please follow the below instructions.
Stainless steel and brass
- Products must always be cleaned along the structure (grinding/polishing direction), not across.
- A clean dust and grit-free cloth should be used to avoid scratching.
- Fingerprints, residue and other marks may be cleaned with soapy water or environmentally friendly detergent with a soft cloth or piece of suede.
- Always rinse off thoroughly with clean water.
- To complete the cleaning procedure dry/polish the surfaces with a soft dry cloth.
- To achieve a more authentic ’aged’ look of the brass product, avoid frequent polishing, and when polishing apply pressure only to the raised surfaces (brass will change its look over time).
Do not use:
- Do not use scouring powder, because it may scratch the surface.
- Do not use cleaners containing chlorides (especially hydrochloric acid) or other aggressive cleaning products to clean stainless steel surfaces. If such products are accidentally used, wash the surface with fresh water and clean with special cleaners removing oxides and other compounds.
- Do not use cleaning agents used for cleaning silver.
- Do not use rough and abrasive materials like steel wool.
Powder coated stainless steel
- Wipe dry with a soft dry cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaning pads.
- Avoid all abrasive and aggressive chemicals.
- Avoid ammoniated products.
- Avoid bleach.
PVD coated stainless steel
- PVD coatings may fingerprint, this can be removed by washing in soap and water and dry.
- Coarse abrasives, files, or other hard objects must not be used against PVD coated stainless steel surfaces –the soft stainless steel may deform.
- If a softer metal, such as a ring or key marks the surface, it is most likely the soft metal residue that has been left on the coated surface. Clean off with soapy water or special mild detergent.
Extra precaution; anti-bacterial coating
For low traffic doors that requires extra precaution and attention when it comes to optimal hygiene, d line offers a special anti-bacterial coating on our stainless steel products.
X-BAC® is a patented additive system that effectively eliminates a wide range of bacteria, viruses and fungi within 2-3 hours, with already great effects on the reduction of bacteria after 30 minutes. The coating has been tested against a long list of microorganisms and has a proven track record of maintaining extremely high levels of hygiene over a longer time period that exceeds normal industrial product lifecycles.
Due to the incubation phase from contact to elimination, it is still necessary to ensure continuous maintenance and cleaning of your products.